[Samba] Kerberized-nfs4 home-dir stopped working

Philippe Clérié pclerie at gmail.com
Wed Jun 15 15:55:36 UTC 2022

Increasing Verbosity in /etc/idmapd.conf on both sides should give you some
logging for id mapping. I would start with 5.

I think that Debian 11 has moved to using an nfs-utils helper script, which
changes some of the variables used in the systemd scripts. (I am still on
Ubuntu 20.04 so I haven't played with those yet.) There ought to be
variables for the options to rpc.gssd on the client side, and rpc.svcgssd
on the server. If you set those options to -vvv you should get a lot of
logging.

Hope that helps

Philippe

The trouble with common sense is that it is so uncommon.
<Anonymous>