[Samba] NT4 Roaming Profiles

Michael Tokarev mjt at tls.msk.ru
Wed Jun 15 11:10:18 UTC 2022

15.06.2022 13:18, Andrea Venturoli via samba wrote:

> In my experience Roaming Profiles have never worked vaguelly fine.
> With Windows 10, it's even worse, as, as you say, they never completely load (althoug this is mostly a non critical error).

We've been using roaming profiles since samba 2.x times,
with all versions of windows since winXP. Used them a lot
on many networks, small and large(ish), including NT domains
and - starting with this year - AD.

And I can say it all definitely works and works exactly as
intended.  Yes we had one or another issue here and there
over the years, that's for sure, but that's kinda expected
too.

FWIW.

/mjt