[Samba] Password Expiration setting and manually adjusting the date

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Fri Jun 10 07:16:05 UTC 2022

On Thu, 2022-06-09 at 17:24 -0400, Philippe LeCavalier via samba wrote:
> Just bringing this back to the surface.

I have reread this thread and I think this is normal :-)

Your user gets locked out because their password has expired.
You unlock the user and set their password expiration to three days.
Your user changes the password but this does not effect the expiry.
After three days they get locked out again.

Rinse and repeat :-)

You are going about this the wrong way, you need to remind them that
their password will expire before it does.

Rowland