[Samba] Samba, Bind DLZ, and DHCP

Christian Naumer cn at brain-biotech.de
Fri Jun 10 06:25:21 UTC 2022

On 09.06.22 13:45, Zombie Ryushu via samba wrote:
>> I have come to the conclusion that you will have problems with whatever
>> you touch. I have been using versions of that script for about 8 years
>> without major problem. I do not care whether you use it or not, it is
>> your decision, but you are going to have to use something similar. why
>> do you think that I went to all the trouble of writing the script in
>> the first place ?
>>
>> Rowland
>>

> Alright. I will do what you ask and follow proceedure. Stand by as I do
> so. However. While none of this is solving my original problem, it is
> forcing me to grow as a Samba AD Admin. (and when I am finished with
> this part, I do need to get back to my first problem.)

The only other option you have is to join your Linux hosts to AD. Then
they can update their DNS themselves. Just like Windows-Machines do.

My Linux workstations use sssd but this also works for domain member
servers with Samba.

The script Rowland programmed also worked for me. You just have to
careful when you set it up to stick to the Wiki page. And DHCPD needs to
run on an ADDC if I remember correctly.

Regards

Christian

--
Dr. Christian Naumer
Vice President

BRAIN Biotech AG
Darmstaedter Str. 34-36
64673 Zwingenberg, Germany

T: +49 6251 9331-30
F: +49 (0) 6251 9331-11

cn at brain-biotech.com
www.brain-biotech.com

Follow @BRAINbiotech on Twitter: https://twitter.com/BRAINbiotech
Follow @BRAIN Biotech AG on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/brainbiotech

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Zwingenberg | Bergstrasse
Registergericht AG Darmstadt | HRB 24758
Vorstand: Adriaan Moelker (Vorstandsvorsitzender) | Lukas Linnig
Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender: Dr. Georg Kellinghusen