[Samba] Samba in Kubernetes (and Containers) - Release v0.2

John Mulligan phlogistonjohn at asynchrono.us
Thu Jun 9 17:40:30 UTC 2022

The team behind the "Samba in Kubernetes" project is happy to announce our
first set of releases. Release v0.2 means we're confident that more people can
use the samba-operator, the samba-container images, or any of our many other
projects without having to be a developer deeply involved with these code
bases.

Our little organization may be called "Samba in Kubernetes" but the projects
go beyond just Kubernetes too. The samba-container images are standard OCI
container images, so they can work just as well on Docker or Podman as on
Kubernetes. The smbmetrics project can export Samba metrics as a Prometheus
endpoint even if you don't have a container in sight.

As previously mentioned, this is a batch of related projects. URLs for each
project's release are available below:

* https://github.com/samba-in-kubernetes/samba-operator/releases/tag/v0.2
* https://github.com/samba-in-kubernetes/samba-container/releases/tag/v0.2
* https://github.com/samba-in-kubernetes/smbmetrics/releases/tag/v0.2
* https://github.com/samba-in-kubernetes/svcwatch/releases/tag/v0.2
* https://github.com/samba-in-kubernetes/sambacc/releases/tag/v0.2

We'd love to hear your feedback. We have the github discussions (web-forum
style) feature enabled on many of the repos. We also routinely read the samba
project mailing lists.