[Samba] Password Filtering

ralph strebbing blackbirdralph at gmail.com
Wed Jun 8 19:30:26 UTC 2022

On Mon, Apr 18, 2022 at 6:58 PM ralph strebbing
<blackbirdralph at gmail.com> wrote:
> Just wondering if anyone has any further thoughts on this?
So bringing this back into the foreground, running into a strange
issue that may have prompted this one.
After updating Samba to 4.15.7, I noticed that I could not create a
new user because no matter what the password was, it was not complex
enough.
I turned complexity off via samba-tool, and disabled the pwcheck
script and that fixed the issue (simply turning the script off did
not). Now, it still seems like Windows is enforcing requirements set
forth via the Default Domain Policy password requirements. Could the
fact that there is an enforced policy in the Default Domain GPO have
been/is causing a conflict with what is set via the CLI through
samba-tool? Could this also have affected why the password script
wasn't being executed when changing the password via the CTRL-ALT-DEL
method?

Thanks,
Ralph