[Samba] Issues configuring Samba

Andy Pont andy.pont at sdcsystems.com
Wed Jun 8 09:26:00 UTC 2022

Louis wrote...

>Whats missing here is..
>>>  I can see SMB transactions on the network using Wireshark
>SMB?  1 2 or 3.
When I initially found the issue after the upgrade to Samba there was no
version definition in the configuration.  I have since run tests with
"min protocol = SMB2” and "min protocol = SMB3” to force the version.
Whilst doing so, I have also configured the protocol_vers_map option in
the macOS /etc/nsmb.conf to match.  From the Wireshark trace, it is
showing as having negotiated SMB 3.11.

The same third party tool that is based on Eclipse (v4.18 possibly also
known as 2020-12) works without issue on a Windows machine when
accessing the same share.
-Andy.