[Samba] Password Expiration setting and manually adjusting the date

Philippe LeCavalier support at plecavalier.com
Tue Jun 7 14:21:49 UTC 2022

Hi,
Does anyone have experience with having a password expiration (say 60 days)
and manually adjusting a user's expiration date?

I've got several domains all of which have a 90 day expiration in ad-dc.
Frequently, users forget to change it and get locked out. I find that when
I postpone the expiration by adjusting the date (either in RSAT or CLI -
whichever is most handy at the time) when the user changes the password the
expiration doesn't change from the one I set. So if I give the user 3 days
to change it and they change it the next day, the user still gets locked
out on the third day yet I would expect it to not expire until the 90th day
from the day it was changed.

Is this normal behaviour and if it is, what is the expected method for
dealing with a user with an expired account? If it isn't, what do I need to
look at to rectify this?
Thanks, Phil