[Samba] Issues configuring Samba

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Mon Jun 6 12:11:38 UTC 2022

On Mon, 2022-06-06 at 11:21 +0000, Andy Pont wrote:
> Rowland wrote…
>
> > Please post the output of 'testparm -s', so we can see just how you
> > are
> > running Samba.
> I have posted the output to https://pastebin.com/fK4VAy4A.
>
> The [andy.pont] section at the end isn’t in my /etc/samba/smb.conf
> file.
>   I’m assuming it has been auto-generated with my user name being in
> the
> preload section.
>
> -Andy.

You have 'server min protocol = SMB2' in your smb.conf, not that it
matters, it is the default now. This means that you are not using SMBv1
and you need that for Network Browsing.

It could be that your 'IDE' requires SMBv1, I have no way of testing, I
do not use MacOS.

You also might as well remove 'guest ok = Yes' from your shares, you do
not have 'map to guest = bad user' in 'global' and you are also using
'valid users' and this will disallow the guest user unless it is set.

Finally, please don't 'CC' me, just reply to the list.

Rowland