[Samba] Who still uses IRC and Pastebins?

Zombie Ryushu zombie_ryushu at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 3 18:25:59 UTC 2022

On 6/3/22 14:06, Markus Dellermann via samba wrote:
> Hi
> Am Freitag, 3. Juni 2022, 17:29:16 CEST schrieb Zombie Ryushu via samba:
>> Who still uses IRC and Pastebins? I'd like to be able to explain with
>> greater interactivity what is wrong. I am availible on #samba on
>> Libra.Chat
> One Question please here for the sake of completeness:
> (i have lost the track, ähm sorry for bad english.. )
>
> Have you made the recommended changes and took "Bind9 out of the chroot" ?
>
> Markus

Yes I have, Bind is no longer in a chroot. I figured out how to disable
it. I now know I can run Bind with the Bind DLZ Module loaded. However
because I was using the DLZ Setting of None before hand, and just
manually creating all the records for everything, I don't know how to
migrate all my records into Samba in an automated fashion.

Currently the Bind DLZ Zones won't load causing bind to crash. They want
me to wipe out my whole AD Forest and start fresh. That I've already
stated with a flat "No." because I have NextCloud, and a bunch of other
services tied into my DCs. Not to mention other user accounts.

My efforts to try to import new records with samba_dnsupgrade have met
with failure too.

None of this has actually helped my original problem which is:

olympia:/var/log/samba # wbinfo -S
S-1-5-21-2139989288-483860436-2398042574-2000
failed to call wbcSidToUid: WBC_ERR_UNKNOWN_FAILURE
Could not convert sid S-1-5-21-2139989288-483860436-2398042574-2000 to uid

This.i isolated to one domain controller.

Now that I know how to get Bind out of a Chroot, if someone can help me
setup Bind DLZ, in such a way that it doesn't destroy my existing AD,
I'll happily migrate because I know it works now. Not destroying my
existing Domain is a hard requirement.