[Samba] Bind Questions I know you are going to ask:

L. van Belle belle at samba.org
Fri Jun 3 14:54:37 UTC 2022

Well, that bind isnt starting when you remove the flat file zone.
that "is" correct. I tell you why that is..

what is also to be observced that, you need to replace the entries from
flatfile to bind_DLZ.
so, why bind_dlz doesn't start, its trying to load a "non-existing" zone.

The fix is, threat this as a new install.
so, remove smb.conf, stop and provision samba.

My thoughts where right here.
starting samba without a "provisioned" zone in bind_dlz.

now, after you have provisioned this server, repeat on the others.
re-read :
https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Setting_up_Samba_as_an_Active_Directory_Dom
ain_Controller

if you need extra servers with dns services.  *( Not samba-ad-dc's, because
ad-dc's you just join in the domain. ) Just set a forwarding zone to the
AD-DC's or slave zones on these other servers.

I hope this helps you.

Greetz,

Louis