[Samba] protocol between pam/nss & winbindd

Michael Tokarev mjt at tls.msk.ru
Wed Jun 1 09:11:57 UTC 2022

Hi!

Is the (local) protocol between pam_winbind, nss_winbind
and winbindd architecture-agnostic, like, using network
types and network byte order, or is it architecture-dependent?

I mean, for example, on a bi-arch machine (i386 & x86_64), will
single winbindd serve both 32 and 64 bit clients fine?

Will it work if I run, say, armhf binary with armhf nss_winbind
on the same machine with qemu-user-arm emulation, - will x86_64
winbindd understand armhf client and reply to it correctly?

Thanks,

/mjt