[Samba] Security patch 4.13 (was 4.12) backport

Andrew Bartlett abartlet at samba.org
Sun Jul 31 20:03:27 UTC 2022

On Fri, 2022-07-29 at 08:40 +0200, Andrea Venturoli via samba wrote:
> On 7/28/22 19:12, Rowland Penny via samba wrote:
>
> > It sounds like you are trying to build Samba 4.12.x with the new
> > Patches, the supplied patches are for 4.14.14, 4.15.9 and 4.16.4,
> > they
> > may not apply to your version and will
>
> Hello.
>
> I'm trying to backport the patches to 4.13, instead (on FreeBSD).
> They apply cleanly, compile and so far, after a little
> (insufficient)
> testing, everything seems to work.
>
> Is there a tool/command/way I can use to check the vulnerabilities
> are
> closed?

Fully tested patches for Samba 4.13 were posted to the bugs, thanks to
my colleague Joseph Sutton of Catalyst.

(We also thank our customers, including Univention, who funded our
backport work).

Running 'make test' will confirm the testing, but isn't reliable on
small hardware (and is normally tested in parts, I can't promise it
would pass anyway), but you can test some tests with 'make test
TESTS=samba.tests.krb5' would run a subset that should confirm things.

Andrew Bartlett

Solutions