[Samba] [NTLMv2] status [NT_STATUS_NO_SUCH_USER]

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Fri Jul 22 08:24:49 UTC 2022

On Fri, 2022-07-22 at 09:49 +0200, lists at zxt10d.de wrote:
> Dear Rowland,
>
> once more an email send to you only,

Please do not send mail to me direct, send it to the list.

>  as I won't anonymize any data,

But I will and have.

>  so
> it might be more clear for you ...

sanitised correctly it is just as clear.

> Am 23.06.2022 um 12:24 schrieb Rowland Penny:
>
> [...]
>
> as you mentioned some weeks ago I should change the "workgroup" in
> smb.conf ... but changing it makes winbind stop working, so I
> dindn't
> change it.

Then why didn't you say so.

> Now I might have a problem with that setting, didn't I?

It sure sounds like something is going wrong.

> As you can see I set SeDiskOperatorPrivilege for
> "SAMDOM.EXAMPLE.COM\username1", but it lists user
> "SAMDOM\username1" ...:

I have deleted your previous emails and cannot really remember their
contents, so we are going to have to start all over again.

Please go here:
https://github.com/thctlo/samba4/blob/master/samba-collect-debug-info.sh

Download the script and run it on your computer.

Please post the output to the list, do not attach it to a post, this
list strips attachments.

Do not 'CC' me, sanitise your post if required

Rowland