[Samba] Error in samba-tool drs updateness

Douglas Bagnall douglas.bagnall at catalyst.net.nz
Wed Jul 20 21:40:40 UTC 2022

On 21/07/22 02:13, Bruno Guerreiro via samba wrote:
> Hi Douglas.
> Yes, the replication is working.
> Also, the graph viewed from the Linux and windows sides are exactly the same.
> So, the end conclusion is: It's not perfect, but I shouldn't worry about it?

Yes, but also, it *might* get worse in the future if something triggers
the reassignment of inter-site bridgeheads, and DC11 got chosen. I can't
remember the details, but I think that would only happen if DCs were added
to Default-First-Site-Name or if the DC GUIDs changed (due to an upgrade
via demote/join rather than in-place). But even so, it might not matter,
though you could choose to worry a little bit.

I suspect that DC11 has up-to-date uptodateness vectors (since it's
replication is up-to-date), but is not wanting to share them. In this
case, you should not worry. You could though file a bug against samba-tool
on bugzilla.samba.org.

Douglas