[Samba] Issue with FAST implementation ? Disabling really disable ?

Olivier BILHAUT obilhaut at fondation-misericorde.fr
Wed Jul 20 13:43:19 UTC 2022

Hi Rowland,

That worked like a charm, you rocks !

I confused -P
(machine pass) and --password . AFAIK The help page on 4.14.x did not
mention "--password". Do you know why machine pass don't work anymore
with FAST ?

Anyway sorry for inconvenience (I could have found it by
myself) and thanks a lot.

Funny how the list has made me shout on my
DC ;) I usually talk to him/her very gently, I know how I belong to
him/her !

PS : we successfully joined a few W11 to our park and didn't
notice any issue so far. Well done !

Best wishes,

--

Olivier

Pour vos problèmes techniques, merci d'utiliser l'outil de gestion de
tickets [1]

MERCI DE NE PAS RÉPONDRE AUX MAILS PROVENANT DE GLPI MAIS
DE CLIQUER DANS LE LIEN CONTENU DANS LE TICKET.

Olivier BILHAUT via samba wrote:
>> Hi list,
>>
>> Juste migrating
from samba 4.14 to samba 4.16.3. Most works
>> fine and thanks again for
this great work.

>> However I have an issue
>> with a smbclient run
locally which seems to fail due to a FAST issue.
>> The command is run
from the DC itself :

>> --
>>
>> $>

/USR/LOCAL/SAMBA/BIN/SMBCLIENT \\\\DOMAIN.TLD\\NETLOGON

-UDOMAIN/ACCOUNT
>> -PPASS
>
> I know it can get frustrating when
something doesn't work, but shouting
> at your DC isn't going to help
:-D

> Have you tried replacing 'DOMAIN.TLD' with the DC's short
hostname ?
> Are you aware that 'P' is the machine pass ? Try replacing
'-PPASS'
> with '--password=PASS'
>
> Rowland

Links: