[Samba] windows 11 and windows 2022 as windows member with samba AD

Peter Milesson miles at atmos.eu
Tue Jul 19 06:58:20 UTC 2022

Hi,

I have successfully hooked up a Windows 11 Pro to a Samba AD domain. It
was absolutely painless and fast. The DC is running Louis's packages
ver. 4.15.7 under Debian Bullseye (forest level 2008R2). The Samba file
server (CentOS 7.9) is running Samba 4.10.16 as a domain member.
Everything is managed with the RSAT tool suite. I haven't noticed any
strange behavior so far. It's not extensively tested however. I will
migrate a couple more Windows 10 computers to 11, and test it for about
a month. If everything behaves, then the rest of the computers will get
Windows 11 (hardware requirements allowing).

HTH.

Best regards,

Peter