[Samba] FSCTL_DFS_GET_REFERRALS does not seem to cycle through all the deferrals returned.

Tompkins, Michael Michael.Tompkins at xerox.com
Thu Jul 14 13:58:49 UTC 2022

We are using samba-4.14.7 and we make DFS setup, and see where the FSCTL_DFS_GET_REFERRALS is made through a network trace. It's returning 3 nodes, but it's only trying the first node and failing. I don't see in the code where it would be cycling through the list of deferrals. We are intentionally creating 3 nodes, we know will fail, just to test going through the list, as we have a real user facing this issue. Looking for some assistance.

Mike Tompkins