[Samba] Warning about using snaps (ubuntu)

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Wed Jul 13 12:55:53 UTC 2022

On Wed, 2022-07-06 at 17:05 -0400, Philippe Clérié via samba wrote:
> That's been a long standing issue, going back at least 5 years, with
> Snap
> and NFS home directories or home directories not under /home. I quit
> using
> snaps on the desktop because of that.
>
> Their recent Firefox snap doesn't work under those conditions, so
> obviously
> it's still a problem.
>
> As far as I can tell there's zero interest in fixing this issue.
>
> Philippe

I looked into the bug reports on Ubuntu about this, which, I have to
say, weren't easy to find.

I do not think there is zero interest in fixing the problem, I think
they just do not really accept there is a problem and when they finally
do accept there is a problem, they will have no idea how to fix it.

Rowland