[Samba] Azure AD Sync not working

Simon FONTENEAU sfonteneau at tranquil.it
Wed Jul 6 10:00:25 UTC 2022

Hi

Le 06/07/2022 à 10:30, Andrew Bartlett a écrit :
> We would really prefer the password check API wasn't used like that,
> but I suppose that works.

yes I understand Something like "post script password" in samba would be
ideal

> Is there any documentation on which hash formats Azure can take?
When I looked 4 years ago it was not possible

https://github.com/Azure/azure-sdk-for-python/issues/4018

this may have changed, i have to look.

I just think it's not documented at microsoft...  (He doesn't want it)

> Folks had the same for Google, and then we showed that we could have
> Samba store a crypt() hash and then sync that with the samba-tool
> userpasswords sync toolkit.

https://github.com/sfonteneau/samba4-gaps

I know because I participated in the script ;)

> If storing the plaintext passwords in your directory, GPG encrypted, is
> not impossible then this can also be done that way, if needed.
If the password could not be recoverable outside the samba process even
with a gpg key that would be better.

That's just my opinion