[Samba] POSIX ACLs are not inherited after upgrade - behaviour changed?

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Mon Jul 4 15:17:55 UTC 2022

On Mon, 2022-07-04 at 16:52 +0200, Henry Jensen via samba wrote:
> I have several Samba servers running as (Samba) AD Domain members on
> Devuan Ascii (= Debian 9) with Samba 4.5.x, using Posix ACLs

The question has to be, why are you still running such an old distro ?
No, I am not Devuan bashing, I am running Beowulf at the moment.

I suggest you upgrade and then use Samba from here:

https://apt.van-belle.nl/

While you have posted portions of your smb.conf, they are not much use
without the '[global]' portion.

Rowland