[Samba] potential samba bug with Kerberos -k => --use-kerberos

Jason Keltz jas at yorku.ca
Thu Jan 27 16:00:58 UTC 2022

Hi.

With samba < 4.15 I used the -k (kerberos) option on some commands like
"net ads leave -k".  It worked perfectly.

On 4.15.4, if I still use -k I get the message: WARNING: The option
-k|--kerberos is deprecated! .. but it still works.

The deprecated warning is because 4.15 series replaced -k with
--use-kerberos:

Options renamed:
--kerberos       ->    --use-kerberos=required|desired|off

If I replace -k with what I assume to be the replacement
--use-kerberos=required, then it doesn't seem to work.  I get prompted
for the Kerberos password even though klist shows I am already
authenticated with Kerberos.  I can swap between -k and seeing it work,
and --use-kerberos=required where I get prompted for it.

This seems like a potential bug.  Thoughts?

Thanks,

Jason.