[Samba] Kerberos authentication issue after upgrading from 4-14-stable to 4-15-stable

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Thu Jan 27 13:29:52 UTC 2022

Hai Alex,

No, sorry, thats one i dont know, except that k5start might look in a different place which does not exist.

> The reason to use k5start is b/c some progs can't work with
> keytab file directly. For example, nslcd.

Aha..  But wait, if samba is already handle-ing it.
Why not this way..

(example for kerberos auth in squid )
kinit Administrator

export KRB5_KTNAME=FILE:/etc/squid/HTTP-$(hostname -s).keytab

net ads_update keytab ADD HTTP/$(hostname -f)

chmod 640 krb5-squid-HTTP-$(hostname -s).keytab

chown root:proxy krb5-squid-HTTP-$(hostname -s).keytab

Adjust it to you needs for nlscd but it shows how todo it.
I think what will work also.