[Samba] Point and Print Nightmare ? Samba4 ? or a simple driver issue ?

Björn JACKE bjacke at SerNet.DE
Mon Jan 24 16:21:02 UTC 2022

On 2021-11-29 at 14:17 +0100 Olivier BILHAUT via samba sent off:
> We've kindly followed
> all the recommandations about the 3 GPOs. We've updated to Samba 4.15.2
> and Windows to 21H2.
>
> But no way, when the driver is downloaded by the
> client, at the "Installing driver" step, the following error raise :

we've analyzed the problem, it happens if you have the print server running on
a AD DC Samba server only. Microsoft is running RPC via SMB with the printer
nightmare patches now. On a Samba print server, which is running as a member
server the problem did not show up.  The patch for master, which makes it work
in a AD DC also is here:
https://gitlab.com/samba-team/samba/-/merge_requests/2343.patch

Best regards
Björn
--
SerNet GmbH - Bahnhofsallee 1b - 37081 Göttingen
phone: +495513700000  mailto:contact at sernet.com
AG Göttingen: HR-B 2816 - https://www.sernet.com
Manag. Directors Johannes Loxen and Reinhild Jung
data privacy policy https://www.sernet.de/privacy