[Samba] bind9 samba ac dc issue

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Mon Jan 24 15:57:55 UTC 2022

On Mon, 2022-01-24 at 14:56 +0100, Patrik wrote:
> Windows IPv6, I could not configure. I had to disable it, but now
> more and more IPv6 is required. I enabled IPv6 on all Windows
> clients, but I do not understand why I get:

It may be required for external dns, but not really for internal use,
unless you are doing something stupid like exposing Samba directly to
the internet.

> where is this DBS database? can i just flush?
>
> >         dns forwarder = 8.8.8.8
>
> You do not need the dns forwarder line if using Bind9
>
> REMOVED, NO CHANGE

I didn't think it would.

> >         allow insecure wide links = Yes
> >         unix extensions = no
>
> Why have you set those two lines ?
>
> This is 3 lines, which 2?

Those two

> allow insecure wide links = Yes - needed for minidlna, but i doubt it
> is related to DNS

It isn't required for dns, but if it required for minidnla, then
minidnla is broken in my opinion.

> unix extensions = no - is related to DNS?

No

> >         comment = - ????
>
> Again, why have you set that line ? WHICH LINE? THERE ARE 3 LINES.

That line.

> Not that any of the above has anything to do with your problem.

DID YOU MISS THE LINE ABOVE ?

> Is there some reason why you are using IPv6 internally ?
> However using it is your decision.
>
> LAN

Wow, you lan must be extremely large, bigger than the internet

> One of the IPv6 dynamic, that's all.

That still doesn't really explain why you have to use IPv6 internally,
but as I said that is your decision.

> I want to remove the invalid DNS entires so it is correct.

Use samba-tool

> this is my problem:

I can see what your problem is, what I cannot see is just how you got
yourself into this position.

PLEASE POST YOUR BIND9 CONF FILES.

Rowland