[Samba] making smbclient work with a DFS setup where mount.cifs does work / disabling krb5 for testing?

Dr. Thomas Orgis thomas.orgis at uni-hamburg.de
Mon Jan 17 11:19:59 UTC 2022

Am Thu, 13 Jan 2022 14:48:22 +0100
schrieb Ralph Boehme <slow at samba.org>:

> > with following failures to actually connect, do you think that this
> > points to a bug in samba, or rather to a bug in the DFS setup?
>
> possibly. You may want to file a bug and attach a network trace and a
> parallel loglevel 10 log.

I'll let that rest on the samba side. Seems like it really depends on
the network segments and which AD server is chosen from the cluster at
which point … the breakage seems to be in our setup, not in smbclient.

The --use-kerberos with the 3 choices is an important debugging tool at
this point.

Alrighty then,

Thomas

--