[Samba] Samba on CentOS 8 with sssd and AD users/groups and local users/groups

vincent at cojot.name vincent at cojot.name
Sun Jan 16 16:32:18 UTC 2022

Rowland,

I wasn't aware that TranquilIT had released rpms for 4.15.3.
Unfortunately, they didn't release the changes to the Fedora source
rpms ([1] or [2]) for 4.15.z. Their last released source was 4.14.10

Yesterday I did manage to spend a few hours building 4.15.3 on RHEL8, the
rpms, source rpms and SPEC files are here:
http://vince.cojot.name/dist/samba/samba-4.15.3/RHEL8

On a positive side, the changes to the Fedora SPEC files were very simple
for RHEL8 and I will proceed to provide diffs so these rpms are a lot
closer to the Fedora rpms than those I produced before. (this mattered
mostly for the SPEC files, not the actual binary rpms)

Feedback welcomed!

Vincent