[Samba] Problem on Windows AD Member based on Ubuntu with Samba 4.13.14

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Sun Jan 16 11:01:45 UTC 2022

On Sun, 2022-01-16 at 11:17 +0100, Viktor Trojanovic via samba wrote:
> Not sure why I'm getting no replies on this. Did I miss something
> obvious?

If you read this:
https://www.samba.org/samba/security/CVE-2020-25717.html

It says this:

[Obsoleted 2021-11-16]
    NOTE: These setups won't work anymore without explicitly mapping
the users!

    For these setups administrators need to use the 'username map' or
'username map script' option in order to map domain users explicitly to
local users, e.g.

      user = DOMAIN\user

    Please consult 'man 5 smb.conf' for further details on 'username
map' or 'username map script'.
    Also note that in the above example '\' refers to the default value
of the 'winbind separator' option.

So by my reading, you no longer require the 'username map script'

Rowland