[Samba] Samba on CentOS 8 with sssd and AD users/groups and local users/groups

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Sat Jan 15 14:10:57 UTC 2022

On Sat, 2022-01-15 at 14:51 +0100, Kees van Vloten via samba wrote:

> Perhaps this: https://github.com/nkadel/samba4repo/
>
> It was mentioned on 12-11-2021 on the list.
>
> - Kees

I ended up using the Tranquil IT repo, which provides Samba 4.15.3 and
by running:

sudo samba-tool dns zonelist rpidc1 -P

I got my dns zones returned, which shows that winbind is updating the
machine ticket.

There is one strange problem, ldbsearch (provided by ldb-tools) still
doesn't know about '-P'.

I am sure that if was going to use a red-hat based distro, I could find
a fix for this, but I have no reason to try and fix it. To myself, the
red-hat distro's are just horrible, yes there are things to try and
make it easier but Debian is so much easier to use and it all works out
of the box.

Rowland