[Samba] Samba on CentOS 8 with sssd and AD users/groups and local users/groups

Christian Naumer cn at brain-biotech.de
Thu Jan 13 14:12:32 UTC 2022

The way you have set up sssd now, this is not possible. You need to set
this up with winbind to make it work.
See here:

https://access.redhat.com/solutions/4290501

You might get this to work:

https://access.redhat.com/solutions/3802321

Behind a login but the account does not cost anything.

But this leaves out the local users. There are some on this list who
have tried this with various success.

REgards

--
Dr. Christian Naumer
Vice President

BRAIN Biotech AG
Darmstaedter Str. 34-36, D-64673 Zwingenberg
e-mail cn at brain-biotech.com, homepage www.brain-biotech.com
phone +49-6251-9331-30 / fax +49-6251-9331-11

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Zwingenberg/Bergstrasse
Registergericht AG Darmstadt, HRB 24758
Vorstand: Adriaan Moelker (Vorstandsvorsitzender),
Lukas Linnig
Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender: Dr. Georg Kellinghusen