[Samba] Fwd: GPO incomplete / missing -> samba-tool crash

Kees van Vloten keesvanvloten at gmail.com
Mon Jan 10 17:23:07 UTC 2022

On 10-01-2022 18:10, Rowland Penny via samba wrote:
> On Mon, 2022-01-10 at 18:04 +0100, Kees van Vloten via samba wrote:
>> On 10-01-2022 17:59, David Mulder via samba wrote:
>>> Check in adsi under CN=Policies,CN=System. You probably have the
>>> policy listed there in ldap still, which I assume needs to be
>>> removed.
>>> It'll be called CN={75991237-941B-47B9-AF67-853781EA44B3}
>> Thanks David!
>>
>> I have no Windows machine at hand, will 'ldb*' do the same?
> Yes it would, but if you have another DC and if it is still there, you
> could sync it back.
>
> Rowland

I have 2 DCs and it is gone on both. I guess the automatic sync did what
it is supposed to do :-) .
I am using the osync solution from wiki:
https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Bidirectional_Rsync/osync_based_SysVol_replication_workaround.

Since I have the default policies only at the moment, I am a bit puzzled
what happened, since there are still 2 policies on the filesystem but
indeed 3 in LDAP in 'CN=Policies,CN=System,DC=samdom,DC=net'.

Would there be any way to find a clue what the 3rd was?

- Kees