[Samba] Renaming Folder With Open File

Robert A Wooldridge bob.wooldridge at edm-inc.com
Thu Jan 6 19:41:43 UTC 2022

We are having a problem with renaming folders.  Should a user be able to
rename a directory if a file in that directory is opened by a different
user?  Before upgrading to Samba DC this would not be possible.
Attempting to rename a folder when a file was open in it would result in
the user attempting to rename the folder receiving an error.

But now it seems that a folder can be renamed and when the user with a
file open attempts to save, they receive an error.

We are using Debian package of Samba, version 4.13.13.

--
Bob Wooldridge
*EDM Incorporated*