[Samba] Samba Latest Download Signature

Matthew Delfino Samba List mdelfino.list.samba at KNOCKinc.com
Mon Jan 3 17:12:44 UTC 2022

Oh, gosh. My assumption works. I tested something wrong before authoring this. So, please ignore. Very sorry for the inconvenience!

From: Matthew Delfino Samba List <mdelfino.list.samba at KNOCKinc.com>
Date: Monday, January 3, 2022 at 11:09 AM
To: "samba at lists.samba.org" <samba at lists.samba.org>
Subject: Samba Latest Download Signature

Hello friends,

I'm attempting to put together some Ansible automation for building my Samba Domain Controllers.

  1.  I know how to get a specific version of Samba via URL, https://download.samba.org/pub/samba/stable/samba-{{ samba_release }}.tar.gz

  1.  I know how to get the latest version of Samba via URL, https://download.samba.org/pub/samba/samba-latest.tar.gz

  1.  I know how to get a signature for a specific version of Samba via URL, https://download.samba.org/pub/samba/stable/samba-{{ samba_release }}.tar.asc

  1.  What I don't know how to do (in a contactless, automated fashion) is get the signature for the latest release. I would presume (by thinking the same way I suspect Samba's site admins think) that the signature for the latest version would be at https://download.samba.org/pub/samba/samba-latest.tar.asc However, When, I go to that URL, I see that the page is missing.

Is this a mistake? Or is there another way to automatically pull the latest Samba GPG signature?

Thank you!
Matthew
© 2020 KNOCK, inc. All rights reserved. KNOCK, inc, is a registered trademark of KNOCK, inc. This message and any attachments contain information, which is confidential and/or privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please refrain from any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of this information. Please be aware that such actions are prohibited. If you have received this transmission in error, kindly notify the sender by e-mail. Your cooperation is appreciated.