[Samba] 4.15 windows ACL share. Not taking?

Manu Baylac manu at pinguino.eus
Mon Feb 28 19:08:25 UTC 2022

	Hello Rowland,

Le 28/02/2022 à 18:01, Rowland Penny via samba a écrit :

> Do you actually have that line as above ?
> If so, it is wrong, it is missing an 's', it's 'acls', not 'acl'
>
> If you use that line (well, the correct one), the system acls (ugo)
> will be ignored (never altered), that is why you do not get the '+' on
> the end when you set the permissions from Windows, they are being
> stored in an EA.

I did more tests, and :

If I put acl_xattr:ignore system acls = yes in my share, it "fails", the
"+" isn't here and my Windows ACL not applied.

But if I comment this line and then my share is only :

[TEST]
#       acl_xattr:ignore system acl = yes
         path = /srv/samba/TEST/
         read only = no

Then all works fine, the "+" is back and I can config ACL with total
success.

I follow the wiki.
My test lab :
Win10 21H2
Windows server 2012R2
Domain member : debian11/ 4.14.12 (Louis)

Cheers,

--
Manu