[Samba] 4.15 windows ACL share. Not taking?

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Mon Feb 28 17:01:48 UTC 2022

On Mon, 2022-02-28 at 16:23 +0000, Manu Baylac via samba wrote:
> 	Hello John,
>
> Le 28/02/2022 à 15:53, John Ericsson via samba a écrit :
>
> > NOW for the issue...
> > When I use the computer manager to set permissions it appears to
> > take with
> > no issues (in fact the permissions are still there when I open
> > computer
> > manager again), but users can not access the share.
> > when I looked at the folder in linux I just saw
> > drwxrwx---
> > I fully expected to see
> > drwxrwx---+ Am I right in thinking I should be seeing the Plus (+)
> > in the
> > folder permission?
> > for ref HAVE_LIBACL is present.
> > --
>
> I'm exactly in the same situation and try to solve it since a few
> days...
> And I found on the web a tuto where someone uses for his share :
>

> 	acl_xattr:ignore system acl = Yes

Do you actually have that line as above ?
If so, it is wrong, it is missing an 's', it's 'acls', not 'acl'

If you use that line (well, the correct one), the system acls (ugo)
will be ignored (never altered), that is why you do not get the '+' on
the end when you set the permissions from Windows, they are being
stored in an EA.

Rowland