[Samba] getent not returning users/groups

Michael Evans michael.evans at nor-consult.com
Sun Feb 27 21:48:46 UTC 2022

It was my belief this was required for the users and groups to show up; but
that one method for IDs being assigned were the other, non-AD storage, local
ID storage configurations.

> > There probably should be a wiki page dedicated to just this issue.
>
> There is.
>
> Also, the 'enum' lines are only required for troubleshooting purposes
> (such as this) and shouldn't be in a production smb.conf.

How _should_ the unix IDs for users and groups that are part of the domain
be exposed to the host system outside of Samba?  My understanding is that
this was the only way; so I've clearly misunderstood the documentation.