[Samba] getent not returning users/groups

Michael Evans michael.evans at nor-consult.com
Sat Feb 26 01:01:00 UTC 2022

All groups and all users must have GID and UID entries if they show up in the passwd / groups nss list.

Please ensure that at least the user's unix UID and primary group unix Group ID are set via some method.

There probably should be a wiki page dedicated to just this issue.

PS: Sorry Greg, I was busy when I wrote this and hit Reply to All, which sent it directly to you rather than the list which was what I assumed a message from the list would go back to by default.