[Samba] Member join, dns issues

Greg Sloop <gregs@sloop.net> gregs at sloop.net
Thu Feb 24 17:47:40 UTC 2022

So, yes, hostname -d does produce the 3rd level domain we're using for the
domain.
ad.somedomain.local - in our case.

cat /etc/hosts
---
127.0.0.1 localhost
10.1.2.4 fileserver.ad.somedomain.local fileserver
---

So, something sure seems broken.
This is on Ubuntu 20.04, using the latest packages from Louis.