[Samba] Louis package upgrade

Gregory Sloop gregs at sloop.net
Tue Feb 22 15:59:53 UTC 2022

Louis package upgrade.

So, Louis (or anyone else) what's the "proper" way to handle upgrades using your packages?
For example, I'm on a 4.15.x branch. I assume you'd just apt-get update / apt-get upgrade, right?
(Will this occur "automagically" for security updates, as Ubuntu would normally do, or do I need to manually update?)

What about moving between branches, say from 4.15 to a new fictional 4.16? [I assume you need to add the new repo, and manually install the new version, and remove the old repo? Explicit details would be really good, before I find I really need to know - when I'm in a dire situation. :) ]

TIA
-Greg