[Samba] Joining member server

Gregory Sloop gregs at sloop.net
Tue Feb 22 14:44:41 UTC 2022

Perhaps I should have been more clear/explicit.

The Wiki says that you should ONLY use "samba-tool" to join a member server IF the samba version is >4.15.0. (https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Setting_up_Samba_as_a_Domain_Member#Joining_the_Domain)

Obviously in this case, we have mixed versions.
But the machine being joined is running a samba version >4.15.0.

Again, I'm like 95% sure this is fine, but asking now can save many hours trying to recover whacked DCs, so here I am.