[Samba] Samba4.9.5 AD DC SYSVOL

Matt aquadot at IONData.Systems
Fri Feb 18 21:59:08 UTC 2022

On Fri, 2022-02-18 at 14:38 -0700, David Mulder via samba wrote:
> On 2/18/22 2:16 PM, Matt via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:
> > Somewhere along the way my SYSVOL permissions got messed up. I
> > can't
> > change anything from windows as a domain admin user. I get a
> > message
> > that I don't have permissions. I'm not sure even where to begin
> > with
> > this problem and any direction would be appreciated.
> >

> Try doing a `samba-tool ntacl sysvolreset`

I did try that but it didn't help. I did read in some places about
being cautious with that if you already have GPOs, which I do. I wonder
if that may be why this is no longer working.

I just removed the requirement from the samba share configuration on
sysvol to limit to root. Maybe I've broken something in the mapping of
"Domain Admins" to root?