[Samba] 4.15.5: Lot's of errors from smbd_audit about "check_account: Failed to convert SID..."

Christian Naumer cn at brain-biotech.de
Fri Feb 18 13:04:22 UTC 2022

Am 18.02.22 um 13:39 schrieb Michael Tokarev via samba:
> This - at least, maybe there are other cases - happens when you have AD,
> idmap backend = ad, and idmap schema_mode = rfc2307, where you used
> uidNumber for the unix user id (uid), AND uidNumber attribute is missing
> in your data.
>
> For this to work, you have to have local users of the same name as the
> AD ones. Which, as I've been told here (without any explanation), should
> not be done.

You can also give every computer in your AD a UID or use the RID
backend. But as said in my other post. You can ignore those messages.

Regards

Christian

--
Dr. Christian Naumer
Vice President

BRAIN Biotech AG
Darmstaedter Str. 34-36, D-64673 Zwingenberg
e-mail cn at brain-biotech.com, homepage www.brain-biotech.com
phone +49-6251-9331-30 / fax +49-6251-9331-11

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Zwingenberg/Bergstrasse
Registergericht AG Darmstadt, HRB 24758
Vorstand: Adriaan Moelker (Vorstandsvorsitzender),
Lukas Linnig
Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender: Dr. Georg Kellinghusen