[Samba] Bind9 and reverse-zones

L.P.H. van Belle belle at bazuin.nl
Fri Feb 18 08:16:35 UTC 2022

Good morning Patrick,

If people want use Arch, well, happy for them, i use Arch's wiki a lot, has good examples.
But.. im a Debian guy, i'll stay a debian guy. ;-)

As far i know, no reverse zone is created automaticly.. Not in windows not in samba.
But the bug is about the restore of the zone, if its in the backup is "should" be restored,
And/or that when its created (* with older versions of samba),
it might be missing/did miss the NS records..

And yes, Arch might have fewer dependencies..
I have things enabled which users like and is not in debian or ubuntu enabled.
The difference isnt big but that part does give few extra depends.

Also, on the point of dependencies.. There is a change coming in debian/ubuntu
I only havent had the time yet to check it, but that will result in lesser dependencies.
Soon..

Greetz,

Louis