[Samba] ActiveDirectory authorization broke from samba 2:4.7.6+dfsg~ubuntu-0ubuntu2.23 to 2:4.7.6+dfsg~ubuntu-0ubuntu2.27 (ubuntu 18.04)

Patrick Goetz pgoetz at math.utexas.edu
Thu Feb 17 16:55:09 UTC 2022

What I'm going to test is dumping sssd entirely and just using winbind
instead.  I just went through another 2-hour long iteration of twiddling
with sssd.conf and restarting sssd endless times trying to get something
working. So far, at least authenticating against a Samba DC, I haven't
had issues like this with winbind.  Admittedly, the stuff I'm currently
doing with sssd is more complicated than my single Samba AD-DC
deployment, but that's what testing is for.

That said, there are several users on this list using winbind with sssd,
so it's possible; i.e. the statement below isn't entirely true.