[Samba] Questions about migrating SAMBA4 AD DC

Sergio Belkin sebelk at gmail.com
Thu Feb 17 15:27:18 UTC 2022

Hi,
I'd want to migrate a SAMBA4 AD DC on premises to an instance of Amazon
Lightsail (listening only over private IP addresses). I have only one DC.
The domain has less than 100 users.
I use the backup script of Matthieu Pato. Could I use that backup to
restore the Domain and DC to the LS instance?
On the samba wiki it says "Always Restore on a system with the same IP and
Hostname. Otherwise you will run into Kerberos and DNS issues." (
https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Using_the_samba_backup_script#About_the_samba_backup_script
)

Please could you recommend a way to migrate in this case?
Thanks in advance for your help.

Sergio Belkin
LPIC-2 Certified - http://www.lpi.org