[Samba] Ubuntu 18.04 classicupgrade help

Carl Hunter cdhunter2 at yahoo.com
Wed Feb 16 20:41:38 UTC 2022

 On Wednesday, February 16, 2022, 03:04:11 p.m. EST, Rowland Penny via samba <samba at lists.samba.org> wrote:

 On Wed, 2022-02-16 at 19:42 +0000, Carl Hunter via samba wrote:

> So I think this is something I'm unsure of.  What should the clients
> be doing?

Are your clients using dhcp ?
If so, is something updating the dns records in AD ?

>  Since I've updated to AD using the classicupgrade is there a
> certain way I should be doing this?

There is a way to get dhcp to update the dns record, but the dhcp
server is usually on the DC, see here:

https://wiki.samba.org/index.php/Configure_DHCP_to_update_DNS_records

>  I'd prefer not to have to change all the client machines although
> if it's just a GPO I could do that.

I understand that there is GPO.

Rowland

Yes, the clients are using DHCP and the server the AD is running on is also running the DHCP server.  I'm not sure what to look for to see if something is updating the dns records in AD.
Thanks
Carl