[Samba] Ubuntu 18.04 classicupgrade help

Rowland Penny rpenny at samba.org
Wed Feb 16 19:35:10 UTC 2022

On Wed, 2022-02-16 at 19:20 +0000, Carl Hunter via samba wrote:

> I was able to sort out the home drives.  Thanks for the help on
> that.
> I'm now seeing the following messages in the syslog but I'm not sure
> what they mean.
> named[25918]: samba_dlz: starting transaction on zone
> xxxxxxxxnamed[25918]: client @0x7fb858011940 192.168.1.xxx#50743:
> update 'xxxxxxxx/IN' deniednamed[25918]: samba_dlz: cancelling
> transaction on zone xxxxxxxx
> They seem to come from all clients which are all Windows machines.
> Any ideas?  My googling hasn't gotten me very far.
> Thanks
> Carl

Your Windows clients are trying (and failing) to update their dns
records in AD. If you are using another method to update the computer
dns records, then you need to stop your clients from updating their dns
records. If your clients are supposed to update their dns records, you
need to investigate why they are being denied.

Rowland