[Samba] Different configs for different network interfaces

Arne Zachlod arne at nerdkeller.org
Mon Feb 14 13:50:24 UTC 2022

Hi,

I have a Win 2000 legacy guest in a KVM I want to print and share files
from in the production network.

My plan was to have a separate VM on the same host providing DHCP,
printer share and SMB1 file share with guest access to the windows 2000
machine, and a separate config providing the same share, but accessed
via SMB2 and 3 , and authenticated users only, for the normal production
network.

My question now is, did anyone here set something similar up already?
I'm trying to find out what is better: to have a samba server per
interface, or configure samba server differently per IP space to handle
the connections? That should be possible with `include = %I.conf`

If anyone wants to share some experience or opinion on this it would be
highly appreciated.

Arne