[Samba] ActiveDirectory authorization broke from samba 2:4.7.6+dfsg~ubuntu-0ubuntu2.23 to 2:4.7.6+dfsg~ubuntu-0ubuntu2.27 (ubuntu 18.04)

Daniel H. Peger daniel at peger.de
Mon Feb 14 13:54:26 UTC 2022

> My advice is to upgrade everything and dump sssd.

Updating everything is not really an option. The servers are part of a larger deployment scenario and we'll probably stick to Ubuntu 18.04. until end of LTS (April 2023). Regarding sssd vs winbind I'm a little surprised to see use of sssd is discouraged. I'm not involved in this at all but some years ago winbind looked like being deprecated in favor of sssd. Now it's the other way around?

However integration used to work before updating the samba packages with the patch versions. That is I'd love to make this run again (setup is all automated and would be a bigger effort to change) with minimal changes.