[Samba] ActiveDirectory authorization broke from samba 2:4.7.6+dfsg~ubuntu-0ubuntu2.23 to 2:4.7.6+dfsg~ubuntu-0ubuntu2.27 (ubuntu 18.04)

Daniel H. Peger daniel at peger.de
Mon Feb 14 13:38:06 UTC 2022

> In smb.conf Global
>
> min protocol = SMB2

I tried that but it didn't solve the problem. However it changed the error pattern. Now on Windows
2021R2 Server accessing the share results in a network error message (this server should have both
SMB1 and SMB2 enabled). Windows 2019 Server keeps on asking for user/password accompanied by an
"access denied" message (this server has SMB1 disabled).

> I still have 1 server running with Version 4.6.16-Debian on a wheezy with a 4.19.x kernel
> And that works fine here with W7 10 and 11.

Yes, as mentioned it used to work fine for me as well prior to installing the security updates.